Safeguarding policy (students under 18):
- A parent/guardian’s email/ computer account must be used unless the parent/guardian gives express permission via for the child to use their own.
- I will email a link and password for the ZOOM meeting to you before the lesson.
- Online contact with child to be made at a time pre-arranged by the parent/guardian, and for lessons only.
- The parents and child must be dressed appropriately for a class.
- An adult should be nearby at all times (not necessarily in the room).
- The door to the room should not be shut.
- The instrument/ camera should not be set up in a bedroom. If this is the only option, please make sure you have an appropriate camera angle and chair set up.
- Parts of the lesson may be recorded for learning/practice purposes only.
- Parents of younger students (8 yo and below)
Please be present for each lesson to help with any technical problems or physical placement of hardware.
- 10. When registering you register you automatically agree to the stipulations of this policy before online lessons commence.
Setting up before the call:
- Tablet/ iPad/ Smartphone/ Laptop with built-in camera OR webcam
- ZOOM app downloaded (See software setup below)
- Good lighting on hands and face
- Avoid lighting that shines into the camera lens
- No distractions in the room (TV off, no eating at the same time as the lesson, etc.)
- Device angled such that the hands and keys can be seen clearly.
- Download Zoom app (It’s FREE!) and set up a profile using PARENT email address.
- Add me as a contact using the email address:
- (go into “contacts” and then use the + button).
- I will email a link and password for the meeting to you before the lesson
- A few minutes before the scheduled time for a lesson, click on the link to open Zoom and click “Join”.
- I will enter the waiting room and connect
- If you cannot see and/or hear me, use the “join audio” and “join video” buttons on the bottom left of the screen (this can also be automatically configured in Settings).